Thursday, November 29, 2007

Here We Go....

The final 24 hours of my thirties. I know I probably have something profound to say here - instead I've got some random thoughts:

I know it's bad for me, but I love having a coke first thing in the morning. I don't drink coffee - so I use that as an excuse

If you say you don't have at least one Hall and Oates song on your ipod or mp3 player you are probably lying (I have many)

I would get digital cable if they would put Buffy or Angel (or both) back on the air

Even though I act like it doesn't bother me - when someone says "Christ, anyone can do that" about abstract art work I want to tear there heads off. Literally and figuratively

I am really really nervous about getting into graduate school

Men who I would give everything up for: Trent Reznor, Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and possibly Bruce Springsteen back in the Born To Run days.


Music people that I miss: Layne Staley, Michael Hutchence, Shannon Hoon, Mark Heard (look him up), Kurt Cobain, Robbie Robertson

Bands that I miss: Whiskeytown, Lone Justice, Nirvana, The Breeders, Elastica, The Band and the ORGINAL Crowded House.

It took until we were both in our 30's for my sister and I to honestly say that we liked each other. Sometimes it's still hard - for both of us

The song The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald always makes me tear up

I have the worst romantic record and I'm working really hard to change that

For the first time every I feel like I have a clear path - now I just have to concentrate on the path and not on the fact that I "wasted" so much time getting here.

I have a very serious and a very real fear of commitment. About 24 hours after I bought this condo I was physically ill for 2 days thinking about not having the option to move as freely as I always have

I have a great life, great friends and a fabulous family. Work is just work and I'm not factoring it in until I'm done with school and working in the job I want

I'm nervous that now that I've been alone for as long as I have that I'm not going to be able to share things with a partner.

I am excellent at being able to get people to tell me everything about themselves and then escaping the conversation before I have to tell them too much about myself.

Speaking of that - I think this is enough of this bullshit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have a few things in common..

1. I HATE coffee, but also love, LOVE a coke on my drive to work in the morning, or as soon as I get to work.

2. Layne Staley and Shannon Hoon - gone too soon. Alice in Chains and Blind Melon are two bands that I can listen to non stop, along with Foo and NIN. Shannon's voice always puts me in a good mood.

I can HONESTLY say I do nto have ANY Hall & Oates on my iPod. BUT, there are a few in my iTunes at home, the wife has them on her iPod.

George said...

Hall & Oates cannot cross the threshold to my home.

Tick tock, tick tock ... I know why you are sooooo anxious for your birthday to arrive ... Trent jumps out of a giant cake and lands in your lap

Anonymous said...

On the eve of your big day let me say a few things. First, Happy Birthday! Only a day early this time :) Being a few years older than you I must admit I don't know much if anything about the music you listen to or about what being in college is like anymore. But I do understand your love of family and friends and your commitment to your future. I know you know what I am talking about because you have been a great friend to me and my boys for the past couple of years. You are a fantastic listener...that is why you are going to be great at what you do in your life. You are a fantastic abstract artist...I know, I own two. People that say those things about abstract art are just ignorant. And lastly, I have no problem admitting I like the song "Private Eyes"...thats Hall and Oates, right?

Love ya Jenn. Happy Birthday.

George said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... it's 7:51AM so you're now 40 ... hurray ... enjoy it like you're still 20

xox

Jenn O'Neil said...

George - If you could manage that at any time I would be greatly appreciated.

Elise - Thanks sweetie

Tyler - xoxoxox

Slinger - You are missing out with the Hall and Oates.