Thursday, November 8, 2007

Staying Alone


When I was younger I hated to sleep anywhere alone. Now I don't mean alone in my bed (although that sucks sometimes too) I just mean alone in the house. I would go to great lengths to make sure I was in household or apartment where there was at least one other person there overnight. If I tried to stay alone I would get so freaked out I usually ended up sleeping on the couch with the light and tv on. This lasted well into my 20's - which was fine because depending on the year I was living with anywhere from 2-5 people (god was that fun).

Obviously I'm over it because I live alone - although I'm not sure I'd call living in a building with 29 other condo's really living "alone". It was always being alone in a freestanding house that really got to me. I was realizing last night that there was absolutely no problem with me locking up my aunt's house and going up to bed. I shut of the tv/light and fell right to sleep without any issue.

Now I dog sit at a home that is first of all huge and second of all at the top of a small hill with no neighbors. It's the kind of place that no one would ever hear you scream. I love the dogs but you can't really count of them to tell the difference between leaves blowing in the backyard or someone breaking into the house. I'm sure though, that staying there over the past 2 years or so on and off has broken me of this staying alone problem. I'm happy to say that it has - it was getting to be a pain in the ass.

Now if I could just cure the sleeping alone issue - that would be great. After graduation....when I actually have time to be a real human.

I can't tell you how great it feels to sleep in and then lay in bed and watch an hour of tv. Especially when you know that people are at your work. It gives me a perverse sense of pleasure - but I'm sure it does that for a lot of people when they have time off that's not really vacation.

I don't know if it's blogger or my aunt's computer but I had pictures to make this a not so boring post - I'll put them up later using another computer.

22 days people - how do you think I should celebrate? (Yes Tyler I know I should get laid)

Update - I just heard from Mom and we can bring her home today yayyyyy!

4 comments:

Casdok said...

Glad to hear your mum is home.

yes on your birthday treat yourself!!

Kim Morin Weineck said...

Don't like to think of no one hearing you scream....

George said...

I have to agree babe ... getting laid should be #1 and if that doesn't materialize then an orgasm of any sort would have to do. Now, if you need any help for #1 ... I would be willing to help out ... I might start driving tonight

Jenn O'Neil said...

Tyler - there is no way I'm going to stop blogging. Lord knows when you'd ever hear from me again.

Casdok- Thanks and I will treat myself on my birthday

Kim - Don't worry I have the dog's to protect me.

George - You are sooo sweet!