
I am in a shitty shitty mood. I very rarely blog about work - but today I have too. I'm a HR Manager - and a pretty damn good one I think. I work hard (for the most part) and I would say a good 90% of the people here like me and feel comfortable with me.
That's a good percentage for a HR person seeing as how we are usually the most hated person in the building.
Anyway..My boss is the CFO of the company - and we have a new one. Now admittedly it took me a long time to get over my last boss leaving. He was just quite simply the best boss I had ever ever had. He had tremendous people skills and above average business acumen and was just an all around great guy. To say I was devastated when he left would be a slight understatement. But that was last February and I got over it.
Now we have this new guy. Lousy listener and wants to be a "hands off manager". Has already told me he hates to have "difficult" discussions with people. What. The. Fuck???? You are a god damn member of senior management and you are making a hell of a lot more money than me - it is your obligation to have the difficult conversations and to at least act interested when one of your staff are talking to you. It's not OK to check your phone or to continue to look around the room like you have somewhere else to be DUMBASS.
Tomorrow we have a staff meeting. He wants us to go around the room and update on "projects". I have no fucking idea what he is talking about. I have no projects - I come in here and do my job and handle whatever employee bullshit is handed to me. He wants me to do some sort of flow chart on retention. Guess what buddy - WE DON'T HAVE A RETENTION PROBLEM. Our other plant does - so talk to them.
The bottom line is - I have to get out of here. This just isn't going to work for me not anymore. Yeah the four day workweek is nice - but in the end I don't think it's worth it.
I need a contract HR job that I can keep until I go to grad school. Or I need a job in the mental health field that I can keep while I'm in grad school - those are my options.
Excuse me while I go look on Monster, Careerbuilders and Hotjobs.
4 comments:
Sounds like you work for Michael Scott from The Office now!
Slinger - unfortunately that sounds about right.
I absolutely loathe working for people who know less than I do about the job, the department, the company. I have no respect for the person and I walk a fine line between mouthing off too much and being fired.
OH GIRL!!!
RUN LIKE HELLL!
Been there, doin that...kicking slef to AND FROM work everyday!
RUN LIKE HELL until your schooling is over!
Post a Comment