Sunday, November 25, 2007

Soldiers & The Holidays


Last night I watched The Ground Truth. This is a documentary that talks to 6 men and women about their service in Iraq. It'll break your heart. The stories are so different but in the end the same.





I highly recommend this movie to everyone. It doesn't matter if you are for the war or against the war - there is something to be learned for everyone.

One of the most unbelievable parts is when one of the men who has lost his hand is asked but someone how he lost it. He answers "the war" and the person asking says "what war" and the soldiers answers patiently "the war in Iraq". The other person then asks him "Oh that is still going on?" How is it that we have reached this level of apathy? It's disturbing and disgusting.

While I was on the The Ground Truth website I came across a website called anysoldier.com. This is way for people to be involved directly with the troops. You can send as little as a postcard or as much as a care package. There are pretty specific directions but I think making a soldiers days is worth a little reading. Don't you?

Oh - and this is important. Any of you have received that email about sending cards to "A Recovering American Soldier" should know that it's not a valid message. According the Dept. of Defense Walter Reed cannot accept any mail that isn't addressed to a particular person. Go the website above and send them something!

Lastly - my friend Tyler has posted this very moving video. Take 5 minutes to watch it.

Speaking of...
more days!!

No comments: