So I had just taken a break and was visiting with my niece when my cell rang. A friend of mine greets me with "Vinny is in town - want to come over and get really fucked up?" Now how could I say no to that? I never see Vinny and he's a funny bastard - I always have a great time.
So I head over there - by 10pm I'm trashed. I started drinking Vodka
and when I ran out of that I moved right on to the red wine
really REALLY bad idea.My niece had left so I was there without a car - which means obviously there for the night. My friends had just gotten a new 65 inch flat screen. We were playing music videos - Tommy Shondell, The Band, Elvis, Bee Gees and Bruce Springsteen and dancing our asses off. I had no idea how much I needed to let off that steam.
Well when I opened my eyes this morning...I was a hurting puppy. Headache - upset stomach the works. The best thing is the Vinny and Pat were in just as bad shape. I made them drive me home and I was thinking I hope no one sees me getting out of this truck with the two of them - we all looked like we had been holed up for 48 hours doing god knows what.
I showered quickly (or as quickly as I could) and headed over to take care of my boys. Luckily they were complete angels - I was starting to feel better too so everything was looking up.
I came home and made the mistake of sitting down and it all washed over me again. I am now eating the great American hang over meal. McDonald's cheeseburger, fries and a coke. Right now it's just sitting like a big lump in the pit of my stomach. My next stop is the couch - wrapped in my Pendelton Indian blanket. I'm going to finish watching the race (nap actually) and then watch the Pat's at 8:15.
Last night was so totally worth the hangover - I haven't had that much fun in a while. School has totally taken the fun quota out of my life.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I only have a three day workweek this week, yayyyyyyy!
Ladies go here, you won't be disappointed in this optical illusion.
5 comments:
Sounds really good ... don't you wish you could let go like that without the spirits? LOL
George - I can let go like that without the spirits...but this was just so much fun.
I thought I saw the ocean for a split second there, but I just can't.... weird.
; )
Thanks for the link! Was good wasnt it!
And glad to hear you had fun!!!
You didn't tell me you mixed your poisons ... NO wonder you felt like a train wreck! Have you learned NOTHING in your (our) many, many, many years of drinking to intoxication!?!?! I swear ... sometimes I wonder if you are turning 20 instead of 40?
I'm glad to read that you made the trip out for McD's ... always the best for hangovers. How are you feeling today? In my experience, once you hit your 40's the hangovers tend to linger longer ...sometimes for as much as 3 days. Let's hope that is not true in your case.
Have a marvelous Monday!
Post a Comment