Saturday, November 17, 2007

Decisions Made


So I had given myself until yesterday to make a decision about my school/work/loan situation. I have decided to not take the loan - the interest rate was too high - it was a variable rate and with the market the way it is who knows what the rate would have been when it was finally time to pay this back. The other factor was it was taking forever - so by the time I gave my notice December would have been over anyway. That was the really important month.

I do however have to do something about my job. Ironically enough I was contacted last week by an agency looking to place me in a benefits administrator job. I spoke to the woman and it looks very promising. What I want is 3-4 days a week on a contract position. I'm looking at MSW programs and one of them that I like alot starts in June. I can't change jobs now and then have to quite in 6 months. I could have done that in my 20's but as we all know I'm about to be 40 - so I'm a bit more responsible now.

I've done all the legwork and got a message from the woman at the agency. The client will be looking at my resume on Monday and I'm hoping they will want to see my next week. If I could go in on Monday 11/26 and give my notice - it would be the best birthday present ever. We'll see - keep your fingers crossed for me OK?

It's a typical fall into winter day here in New England. I love this time of year. I love that it gets dark so early and I love the chill in the air even when the sun in out. Call me strange - it's just my favorite. Right now I'm sitting at my desk wrapped in my Pendelton Indian blanket working on my thesis. I feel like I'm getting lots done.

Have a good afternoon everyone...

1 comment:

George said...

The gears are turning and everything is slotting into their respective places. A little oil here and there and it will all be running smoothly in very short order