Sunday, October 28, 2007

We Are Up 3 Games to Zip

The Red Sox have the chance to win the World Series tonight. I have to say I really hope that they do because these 8:30 pm starts are fucking killing me. I am going into work like a dead woman. I'm already having enough trouble with my job - the last thing I need is an excuse to fall asleep at my desk.

It got a little sketchy tonight - but they pulled it out in the end 10-5. Colorado made a great come back attempt (I mean that seriously) but in the end we just out hit them. Dice-K got the win and Papelbon got the save.

Tomorrow night's starting pitcher is Jon Lester. Lester is currently in remission from anaplastic large cell lymphoma. I think it would be fabulous if he came in a pitched his ass off and won the final game of the World Series for the Sox.

Mike Lowell stole third base tonight. I'm always amazed by that. It seems that it should be an easy out for the catcher but the Colorado catcher didn't even get a throw off.

Theo Epstein (Sox GM) was quoted as saying that signing Mike Lowell was a "priority" and he was sure that somethingw would be able to be worked out. It better be. Letting him go or worse yet going after A-Rod would be huge mistakes. Alex Rodriquez is a pompous asshole who has no place on the Red Sox. None at all. You hear me Theo? Don't be a shithead. SIGN MIKE LOWELL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( We are really pretty decent I promise....i'm not really sure why the Rockies are sucking so bad seeing as how we did so well during the National League Playoffs.....You guys will probably end up winning Sunday night again which wouldn't surprise me at all, but before all you terribly rude (i've had many come into my restaurant that i work at) Boston fans brag your butts off about this, know this: You have the best that money can buy, our entire team makes a total of like 15 million a year compared to your 150 million or more. It's literally like having me go out and race my cheap junker of a car versus the fastest Ferarri in the world. We've never even made it to a playoffs before so you can make fun of us but our "highschool level team" as we've been called has worked their ass off to get where they are and we get no credit. Keep rooting for your cliche rich east coast teams....everybody else does.

Jenn O'Neil said...

Doc - I don't know if you come back to read comments but I have to say I completely agree. You guys beat a lot of great teams on your way to the World Series so anyone who doubts the talent of the Rockies is a moron. That being said I think the word moron describes a ot of Boston fans. What you don't get to experience are the people who are watching it from their living rooms who have always loved the Red Sox regardless of the payroll and are just happy that their hometown team is winning.

I think the 8 days off hurt the Rockies more than they thought it would. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them come back tonight and win. It seemed last night that they were finally getting warmed up after the layoff.

I don't like to see anyone get beat 4 games in a row (unless it's the Yankees) where is the fun in that?

I don't believe anywhere in anything I've said I've "made fun of you" as you put it and I don't see anything about the Rockies that is "high school level". How can anyone say that seriously about a team that has made it to the world series? You dont' win 21 out of your last 22 if you are a high school level teams.