Various thoughts on art...music...politics and what have you.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
I Know I Shouldn't Laugh.....
I work in the brass and copper manufacturing sector. Due to the fluctuating cost of copper we have been robbed three times. Thankfully no one has been hurt. So you can imagine my giddiness when I read something like this.
Theft of copper is a big problem in New Orleans' rebuilding efforts. People in some neighborhoods will rebuild, only to have the copper ripped out of their house or business in the middle of the night.
We have had 3 reels of copper wire stolen from our outdoor storage area. Locked up, 2 chain link fences to get through and they rolled them out ... once a week for 3 weeks. Couple of early 20ies ... got caught too
2 comments:
Theft of copper is a big problem in New Orleans' rebuilding efforts. People in some neighborhoods will rebuild, only to have the copper ripped out of their house or business in the middle of the night.
We have had 3 reels of copper wire stolen from our outdoor storage area. Locked up, 2 chain link fences to get through and they rolled them out ... once a week for 3 weeks. Couple of early 20ies ... got caught too
Post a Comment