Monday, October 15, 2007

Catch Up

Won $20 on the Pat's game yesterday from our plant manager- should the HR Manager be gambling with employees? Probably not but I seriously do not give a shit. My job is slowly killing me - I'm not going to get into it because as an HR Manager I read legal stuff daily on people getting fired for blogging about work - even if the stuff that they are writing about is true. Even though I'm unhappy at work - I do not want to be unemployed. Tonight I have to go to a business dinner with the VP of Sales and our new Outside Sales person. I like the VP and he's a huge Red Sox fan so I know the dinner will be short. I just keep thinking that I only have to hang on until May because that's when my degree is finished and it opens up a lot more opportunities for me.

I'm going to be a total girl for a minute I have new clothes on and new shoes and I love them......I'm a real casual dresser and I'm always pushing the limits at work as to what is acceptable. I figured it might be time to step it up a bit. So today I got a lot of "where are you going after work?" and the inevitable "do you have a job interview?" (Don't I wish!) It's kind of funny to watch people's reactions.

I'm incredibly stressed out about school. I have a meeting with my thesis group and our advisor on Sunday and we are supposed to have our introduction read and an outline of the rest of our work. My introduction is pretty done - but I need to get to work on my outline. I had a dream Saturday night that I had double booked my thesis presentation - it was one of those dreams where you run around and no one will help you. Lots of people smiling and saying it will be ok but no one really doing anything. I woke up so stressed out - so I did what any normal girl does when she is stressed. Went and spent $260 on clothes - this is after the $100 I spent on Saturday. It was a banner weekend in the shopping dept. The funny thing is I hate to shop - but it's in those moments of whipping through the racks and getting in and out of the store in 45 minutes that I know I am truly my mother's daughter.\

The Red Sox are 1-1 and they play tonight. C'mon Dice K we need this win.

6 comments:

ADW said...

So we are on opposite sides of the fence regarding the baseball situation. I would love to wish you good luck, but I can't.

However, kudos on the new clothes. Retail therapy is still a lot cheaper than sitting on a couch somewhere....

Jenn O'Neil said...

ADW - I've been waiting to hear from you on the baseball. I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

My problem is now I'm plotting to go back to the store and get all the things I put back...it'll be well worth it.

George said...

I have always found it silly to say something about a job interview if a person comes in to work dressed better than usual. I find it especially silly when said to a HR person.

45 minutes? What too so long?

Casdok said...

retail therapy works everytime!!

The Ex said...

I probably read the same stuff you do. I wish sometimes so bad that I could blog about work.

George said...

It's Tuesday and all I can say is Sox = oh oh