Ok so last night was brutal. Yes we got three back to back to back home runs but in the end it didn't really help. Cleveland is on fire and that doesn't bode well for the sox. They cannot expect Beckett to take care of the whole series. The guy can only pitch so many games. They actually thought about pitching him last night - I'm glad they didn't it wouldn't have been enough rest.
Although I try not to blog about work I just have to mention that I have union grievance meeting this morning. Let me be clear - I'm a Democrat and am pro-union. But this union is enough to turn anyone into a Republican. I'm dealing with the Teamsters and although we have a fabulous business agent - the demands they make are ridiculous. Today we are paying off someone because it's cheaper to do that than to go to arbitration and take the chance of losing. They know it's cheaper and they know we'll eventually cave. That being said we don't get a ton of grievances but when we do they are like a dog on a bone.
I have a thesis meeting for school on Sunday. I'm feeling like I won't be ready. Maybe I need to spend more time working on my school work and less time in the clothing shops.
OK time to get to the meeting - aarrrggghhhh - I need a new job.
3 comments:
I am saying nothing until the end. I am not superstitious, but I also have a healthy respect for the fact that Cleveland teams NEVER close out in the end. So until then...
adw- In 2004 we came back from a 3-0 deficit with the Yankees. It was completely out of character and I'm not holding out much hope. I do have to say this though - the Cleveland Indians are a GOOD looking team. If they go to the Series I'll be rooting for them.
Has the death knell started to toll?
I hate unions. With a passion. Why? Once I worked in a union shop. I busted my ass, every day. The guy beside me, who made the same salary as I did, fucked the dog most of the day. Every day. What could I do about it? Nothing. Union job, both of us.
Pissed me off. Every day.
Post a Comment