Sunday, June 8, 2008

Netflix

So now that I have all this time before I start school I've been watching movies like a crazy person. I upped my netflix to getting three movies at one time and guess what? I'm keeping up with watching them - hey no one is more surprised than me! Some of the movies I've seen are:
Oceans 12 (cutie Brad Pitt and George Clooney)
Oceans 13 (same as above)
Hairspray (Christopher Walken singing and dancing - John Travolta as a woman - very funny)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (hysterically funny with yummy Robert Downey Jr.)
Dexter Season 1 (can't wait for season two!!)
Waitress (SEE THIS MOVIE - it's FABULOUS)
Knocked UP (cute and funny, score one for the goofy guys)
Stranger Than Fiction (Probably my favorite Will Farrell movie- great concept)
3:10 to Yuma (should have been 3:10 to YUMMY Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. Great story, great movie)
Velvet Goldmine (fabulous)
Gone Baby Gone (fabulous)

But it hasn't all been good
Into The Wild (BIG disappointment- the lead actor simply wasn't good)
I tried to watch The Tudors but it was like watchin soft porn and frankly I'm just not into that period of history enough to want to figure out what the hell is going on. I mostly got it to look at Jonathan Rhys Myer.
Lastly and probably the biggest disappointment was Nine Inch Nails All That Could Have Been. Now you all know how I feel about Trent - but the Trent at that period of time was just sad. High on whatever and acting like as asshole. Seen enough of that in person, I don't need to see it on DVD.

My next three movies that are coming are:
Rescue Dawn (I like war movies and westerns and it's Christian Bale again!)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (supposed to be good)
Bend It Like Beckham (I've seen this a million times and I just love it)

OK well it's getting late and I was up until 3am last night so I've off to bed. I'll leave you with a little more Big Head Todd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't like Into the Wild? I thought it was an incredibly, emotional story.

But, I guess we can't see eye to eye on everything!

Jenn O'Neil said...

I love the story of "Into The Wild" the book was fabulous. I just think the movie could have been a lot better. I didn't think the lead actor was any good at all.

You're right this day of disagreement was bound to come!