We had some unbelievable thunder storms today. One minute the sky was all sunny and blue and the next minute the wind was blowing and it was looking like it was 8pm. It rained and hailed really really hard for about 20 minutes and then stopped got sunny and then started up again a few hours later. It was really pretty cool. I love bad weather - it kind of reminds you that you aren't really in charge. I also start to think about people who don't have anywhere to go in a storm like that - that makes me a bit sad.So I am working on this commission and like a fool I told him I could deliver it tomorrow. I just needed to put a deadline on it or it wouldn't get done. So I brought it to my art teacher for critique and well - let's just say neither of us was really happy with it. So I came home and have been reworking it. I think I'm going to pack it in for the night and go to bed. That was I can get up really early and make use of the morning light. Right now the only light I have is artificial and color is never right in that light.
I'm really stressed about this commission. I'm am completely grateful for the opportunity and of course can use the cash but the pressure of creating something along the lines of "can you do something like this?" is too much. Blah!
Anyway, I'm off to bed (wicked early). Have a good night everyone.
**Oh yeah - Maine was freaking amazing and I've spent the last three days wondering why I ever moved out of that state.
No comments:
Post a Comment