Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Where Are They Now?

This just came on my iTunes. Remember this song? What a great one hit wonder in the 80's.



So that got me in the "where are they now" frame of mind...

This was not Level 42's big hit (Something About You was) but I loved this song. I didn't even know there was a video for it - thank you youtube




And come one what would a retrospective be without these guys....



At least one of you out there tried to have this hairstyle - I know you did!

Now Johnette Napolitano is hands down my favorite female voice EVER in rock and roll. She's still doing her solo thing but I don't think enough people know about Concrete Blonde beyond the one MTV hit "Joey" which doesn't even begin to do them justice. This is from Mexican Moon - my favorite Concrete Blonde album




Ok now I love old school hip hop - I mean the real thing I loved NWA so it stands to reason that I'd love Dr. Dre. Look at how young Snoop is here, he actually looks shy and his hair is so short. Yes I know the gun thing is not cool - we're all adults here so deal



I want my car to do that...and I think Dre is HOT

I never understood why Paul Young wasn't more popular - he was cute, had great hair and a kick ass voice - he also later did a great cover of the Chi-Lites "Oh Girl"



And finally my punk rock crush.....




Now wasn't that a lot better than writing the 10 pages I was supposed to write tonight? Yes, I thought so too

4 comments:

Sudiegirl said...

congrats on completing the challenge!

I'm also glad you came to visit...we have two bloggers in common.

come by anytime...I'll add you to my blogroll asap.

Slinger said...

Man, I miss videos like these. Back in the 80's and early 90's, videos were so much better (when MTV actually played them). Now it seems most of the videos are large budget, over the top productions that suck.

The old school videos were so bad and cheesy, but that is what made them excellent.

Slinger said...

And I used to LOVE NWA when I was in High School. I actually still have the Dr. Dre Chronic album on my iPod.

ADW said...

Love Billy Idol!!! (=