Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowy Sunday

Remember when a snow storm was fun? All you had to worry about was dressing warm enough to go outside and making sure you peed before you got all your gear on. Oh and the prayers for no school were always fun. My dad worked for the school bus company so we always knew way before everyone - that was nice.





It's Sunday morning and I'm usually out the door early to watch my boys but because of the weather I went yesterday. It snowed last night - a good amount - but no where near what I thought we would get.

I just went out an moved my car and although I did get stuck for a second it really wasn't that hard. My car is in this line so you can see it's not too bad.

The thing that's bad about this storm is that it's on top of one we just had on Thursday. We have a new plow company at my condo and they did a shitty job. Well actually it wasn't all their fault. We have a tiny parking lot that just has enough spots for every condo. There is literally no place for them to plow the snow and leave it. Add to that the fact that people didn't move their cars and you have a mess.


This guy "stores" his corvette in the lot and keeps it covered all all winter. This makes it impossible for the plow to be able to fully plow out by the fence. Why you would "store" your corvette that is your pride an joy outside I have no idea. The condo guy came over here last night and tried to talk to the owner and the guy went apeshit. So on top of it he's crazy. He did promise to move it though - hopefully he meant it.

Here is my parking spot. I usually park right in front of the "tenant parking only" sign. This is where they picked to pile the snow. Nice huh? Oh well, they did their best.




Ok I moved my car, had breakfast, wrapped a present and finished my Christmas cards. So now it's on to school work and waiting for the Pat's game. Oh and sorry the pictures are so grey but that's what the sky looks like today.

4 comments:

George said...

It is a huge storm and right now I am being pounded with snow as are my parents who live a 7 hour drive away ... and it is hitting the east coast as well which is another 9 hours past them.

I have to shovel my driveway ... it is only single car width but it is 5 car lengths long. Funny that I never even thought about shovelling when I bought the house in late spring a few years ago LOL

George said...

3 and 1/2 fucking hours to shovel 2/3 of my driveway. I think my back is broken in 57 places.

Jenn O'Neil said...

Ahhhh George be very careful with the shoveling. It's a necessary evil but it can really screw you up! Our plow guys did a shitty job - but it's better than having to shovel - that's for sure.

I'm sending you warm hugs for your back. Can you feel them?

Anonymous said...

We didn't get as much as you guys, but we got another 5-6 inches, on top of the 5 that we got last week. But our city plows do a great job and my shoveling skills are fine tuned!