Various thoughts on art...music...politics and what have you.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
This Is Disturbing But True
I mean it when I say this is disturbing. This is how most American's look at the world especially King George II. Most American's probably wouldn't even be able to pass the test that you have to take to become a citizen.....now that's sad.
Jenn ... I know you put this up in a sort of self jest. Unfortunately, from the years of interaction I have had with Americans ... it is way too true that the world is seen like that by many in your country. I deal with Americans on a daily basis and without fail, the people I talk with are completely befuddled because we celebrate Thanksgiving day in October, or why do we celebrate July 4th on July 1st?
The saddest part of all this is that there are many, many Americans who know diddly about their own country.
4 comments:
Jenn ... I know you put this up in a sort of self jest. Unfortunately, from the years of interaction I have had with Americans ... it is way too true that the world is seen like that by many in your country. I deal with Americans on a daily basis and without fail, the people I talk with are completely befuddled because we celebrate Thanksgiving day in October, or why do we celebrate July 4th on July 1st?
The saddest part of all this is that there are many, many Americans who know diddly about their own country.
Oh yes, sad but true. And under the present icky administration, it's only getting worse.
Can we make our own nation??? Hmmm, now there is an idea. JennKimland? KimJennland!
ok, i kind of found that map funny! : )
I could pass the test! I know because I took it to find out. :) Yeehaw.
Post a Comment