So I've mentioned that I'm in school full time right? Yeah, I thought so. Yesterday at 5:39 pm I passed in my final project (a power point presentation on Theories of Personality), the bibliography, my final bib for the semester and my first stab at my final transcript. And the best part is that none of that was due until TODAY. I was a whole 24+ hours a head of myself.
This means two things - I am now officially a thesis student which in my program is a student in their last semester (more on that in later posts) and more importantly it means that I have TWO WEEKS OFF. Two weeks where I can actually meet friends after work for drinks and food, two weeks where I can not read something school related on my lunch hour, two weeks where I am not scouring the Lesley Library website for journal articles and two weeks where I can come home from work and just lay on the couch and watch tv.
I'm so happy to be done with this semester it was a boring one - with the exception of my first study which was on Chairman Mao and the Cultural Revolution. I'm fascinated by this whole period and by Mao himself. Let me be clear - Mao was a terrible, awful man who may actually be the biggest mass murdered in history (even bigger than Hitler) yet the country still loves him or at least they pretend to. I am just fascinated by the personality of a person who can convince a country of billions to do the things that Mao did. It was a fun but sad paper to write and I got an A which always makes even better. If you are at all interested in this period of time rent the movie "To Live". I know Netflix has it because that's where I got it. It's a bleak portrayal of the cultural revolution and a great movie.
My other two studies were boooorrriiiinnngg. Research Methods for Social Sciences - important for my career and I need to have it on my transcript for grad school but eeeesssshhhh did you ever try to read about research? Yeah, it's as fun as it sounds. In the end it worked out fine and I got an A- which is far above what I thought I would get. The one I passed in yesterday was Theories of Personality - I'm more interested in learining about people's personality and why they act they way they do but this was a totally basic study on some prominent theorist's and theories of personality. Not terribly exciting. I think the work is ok but I would imagine it's only B work. We'll see. As long as my GPA stays above 3.5 for grad school I'm happy.
So anyway, it's Saturday of Labor Day weekend and I'm heading down to a friends house in Jamestown RI. These people like to party and I can finally let go and have a little fun without that voice in my head saying - "shouldn't you be reading?" Some other friends are coming down to and as my friend said "could be ugly". I'm good with that,I have my vodka and I'm ready for an ugly weekend.
Happy Labor Day everyone!
2 comments:
(1) Congratulations
(2) Party your ass off
(3) Have a great weekend
Have a hellatime!
Post a Comment