Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Big Suckass Corporate Banks #2

Well to my shock and awe (see I can use that term too) everything seems to have worked out with B & A. I had emailed customer service (as well as called) and I got this long email back that basically said nothing but did explain that my deposit was "pending" and that there was a hold on it. I still don't understand how they can put a hold on CASH but you know what - I'm over it. My accounts in the black, there are no fees and I'm closing it today. End of story.

I am having such a hard time getting back into my morning routine of walking. I of course didn't walk all weekend (I mostly staggered) and that has thrown me off. I need to get to bed earlier and get my ass out of bed in the morning in enough time to go out and walk 2-3 miles. My body was feeling better when I was doing that. I'm also thinking about joining the YMCA - the other gym in this area wants you to sign a two year contract. What? Are you on crack? My committment issues won't let me sign anything for that long. Last year I signed for both a car loan and a mortgage and I swear I had a series of small strokes.

So anyway that's it for now. I'm off to iron my clothes for the day- only three day workweek (I don't work Fridays for now) so that always makes it better!

2 comments:

Kim Morin Weineck said...

I think the title of these two related posts is perfect. The problem is that there are so few small nice local independent banks left! Suckass corporate banks ate them.

Your early bird status will return. Although it's still odd to see your posting timestamp at around 6:20am. That's early!

The Ex said...

I really love BofA but they do sometimes do things that make no sense. Why would it ever be necessary to hold cash? Retardo.

I wish I had the drive to walk in the morning!