I have always loved that the biggest race of the year is the first race. The buildup is great and this year is the 50th anniversary so they had all of the living winners there for various things including giving the command. OK so you aren't a race fan and you are wondering what the command is? C'mon - you know..... "Gentleman start your engines!"So of course lets talk about who I really want to talk about....Dale Jr.
He has had a hell of a start to his season with his new team. He won the Budweiser Shootout, which is the actual first race of the season but it's and exhibition race. Yes racing has exhibition races. Then Jr. went on to win his qualifying race. Not a bad start for the year I think. He is currently running fourth but he's unhappy with his car. He thinks he may have a loose lugnut which would suck. His crew chief is letting him know that two of his tires were blistered when then came off the car at his last pit stop. This may not be a good sign either.
Before the race started I was watching Eddie Izzard. Eddie is a transvestite commedien out of England that I happened upon one night when I couldn't sleep. You may also know him as the lead male charachter on The Riches on FX

If you haven't seen his stand up try to find it. Right now he's been on BBC all afternoon - and he's freakin hysterical. He has the droll English humor and he makes fun of America in the most benign way. He really pokes at the country for our ego - it's laugh out loud funny.
So this weekend I'm house/dog sitting. I've talked about this house before but the best thing is they just got a new tv and it's 65 freakin inches big and has surround sound. It's like being at Daytona -without having to deal with all the idiots.
Ugggghhh my professor just called with her comments on my last draft - so it's back to writing.
Have a good night everyone!
1 comment:
Eddie is great isnt he. I didnt realise us english had a droll sense of humor!
Post a Comment