Ok so I guess the real question is - Is what Larry Craig did actually a crime? After watching some heated discussions on another board I follow and reading a blog from a lawyer in Atlanta I'm beginning to think......no, not really. Sex in a public bathroom can be disgusting because it's so dirty, disturbing to other people using the bathroom and of course uncomfortable because of limited room - but is it really illegal? Maybe not so much.
The biggest problem I have with this whole situation is that if he is gay he is doing everything within his power to deny it. That to me is sad - this man looks to be in is 60's and that means he's lived a lie his entire life. Very sad. The other issue is the holier than though attitude of these guys (and ladies) who go on and on about something and then get caught doing something equally as disturbing (think Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly).
He should never have pleaded guilty - that so far has been his biggest mistake. But all this call for ethics investigation etc etc. Please - stop wasting our tax money and just let it go.
2 comments:
If it's okay with you, I'd rather not think Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly (teasing you.)
Deep comments from me, I know.
But yes, it is sad if he's gay and been hiding his whole life. It's not an easy existence for sure.
OK ... maybe he's not gay but just enjoys a bit of bi on the side once in a while. I just think it is so hypocritical when people are like him and the other you mention. Do as I say, not as I do.
I have been working on a post about right and wrong ... maybe one day I'll get to finish it
Post a Comment