Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Things I should be embarrassed by.....but am not

There are a lot of things about me that don't seem to fit. I think my friend Maria put it best when she called me a "psychotic enigma." Um thanks I think. So I started to think about this and here is a short list of things about me that I probably should be embarrassed by but am not.

1. I am a huge NASCAR fan. My dad's a mechanic and he only has daughters so I grew up watching hockey and car racing and still love both. Not that open wheel pansy stuff though, real stock car racing. People say the same thing to me all the time. How can you watch cars going around and around for hours. My initial reaction is always the same - you don't understand the sport (yes it is a sport). It's all about the pit stops, how the car is running and the communication between driver - pit crew - pit boss and spotter. There's a lot going on out there when you are running inches from someone at 180 MPH. And just in case you were wondering my favorite driver is Jr. That's Dale Ernhardt Jr for those of you not in the "know". The fact of the matter is I will plan my weekend around a race and it's very rare that I miss one. I will however be missing Saturday night's race in California because it's labor day weekend and I'm going away to relax. I'll probably find a way to check it though.

2. I'm a Buffy the Vampire Slayer geek. I love it and I was super sad when it went off the air. Now I get my fix with the 7-8am showing on FX and fan fiction. You gotta love that James Marsters all punked out as Spike the vampire. Sexy as all get out.

3. Given the chance I would drop everything and be a Nine Inch Nails groupie. Well maybe not a groupie more of a hanger on - on the tour. I just want to talk to Trent Reznor and get a glimpse into that mind. Now that REALLY is sexy as hell.

4. I read www.Perezhilton.com a couple of times a day. That guy gets all the dirt and it's freakin hysterical. It's a good break in the middle of my day. And no, I don't believe everything that I hear or read.

5. I think I may be addicted to iTunes.....it's getting scary.

6. I like Country music - I can also blame this on my dad. I don't like it all but I do like guys like Steve Earle, Shooter Jennings, Johnny Cash etc. That Dierks Bentley (or Jerks Bentley as my dad calls him) is pretty damn cute too.

7. I am HR Manager who doesn't really like people that much. This isn't a surprise to those of you who know me.

8. If Trent Reznor isn't available I'll take Dave Grohl or Josh Homme.

9. Guys in suits are ok but jeans and workboots are really it for me - in you own a 67-69 Chevelle then you are soooo all set. If you also play the bass guitar I may have to marry you on the spot.

10. I spent the year between my 21st-22nd birthday either drunk or in bed depressed it was a weird time for me. I look back at it as a character building learning experience. I still struggle with depression but thank God for Wellbutrin. I heard Trent Reznor say it best once. He had a doctor tell him that he was just a quart low in the happiness dept. I love that.

Ok I think thats enough about me for right now......... I should be doing school work but I needed to do something to engage my brain.

3 comments:

The Ex said...

"7. I am HR Manager who doesn't really like people that much. This isn't a surprise to those of you who know me."

Oooh, I work in HR and I really don't like people either.

George said...

Three cheers of Wellbutrin. I am on that as well as Effexor ... and I have been sailing so smoothly since starting them 18 months ago

Anonymous said...

And I believe I am correct ... you are one strange chick and that is just one of the reasons I luv ya!

By the way - in response to George's post (previous) - it's good to know that there are other's on Wellbutrin AND Effexor ... it's a very good combination for me as well. It's nice to easily laugh and see the absurdity of life once again. Phew!