Monday, May 28, 2007

Ramblings on loss

As I mentioned in a previous post my friend's son was killed in Iraq on Mother's Day. His father has been an outspoke opponent of the war. This is of course what the media has latched on to. Why wouldn't they? It's a story that will write itself. That way no one really has to get to know Andy (the son), they can just make assumptions about Andy (the father).

This is what I know. Andy (the father) is a retired Lt. Col who fought in Vietnam and in the Gulf War. This man knows strategy. His point is that this war is strategically unwinnable. He isn't coming at this like some left leaning crazy person who makes sweeping generalizations. He knows what he is talking about. Now this family has paid the ultimate price and lost their only son in a war that most of America feels in unwinnable.

There is an op-ed piece in the Washington Post today written by Andy (the father). Here is the link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/25/AR2007052502032.html. I don't know how to make one of those fancy buttons that you press and it sends you to the article, so just cut and paste the link. If you read this you will see how several people had the gall to tell Andy that his views on the war caused his son's death. Shame on you! These are the left leaning crazy people that make anyone who has a slightly off center liberal view look so bad. For instance someone like Cindy Sheehan. I cannot begin to understand her grief that I know; but when I see a picture of her sitting on a couch with Hugo Chavez and smiling and laughing my blood boils. Umm..hello...DICTATOR. It just makes me nuts, you know?

No comments: