So as you can see I figured out the picture thing. Yayyy for me.
Every once in a while I get a little obsessed with an artist or a group. Now in my world obsessed doesn't mean things like tattooing a name on my body, moving closer to where they live, seeing 40 shows on their current tour or just generally being a freak. It just means that I read whatever I can, listen to their music over and over, visit the website etc. So I guess its obsession on a smaller level.
Right now it's Trent Reznor. Last time I looked he was this skinny little goth guy who was cute but maybe a bit too freaky. Fast forward a few years (Ok like 5-7 years) and I happen to be watching Nine Inch Nails free on direct TV and lo and behold...he's filled out and is looking rather....HOT. So I start my searching on the internet and reading compulsively and I go and buy the DVD I was watching on direct tv so I can have the extra stuff. Have you heard this man talk? It doesn't matter what he is saying. He could be reciting the phone book for all I care........it's dead sexy. As I've gotten older my definition of freaky has certainly changed....we are all freaky and we like to pretend that its the other people who are weird, kinky and strange. It isn't it's US. If more people embraced their inner freak the world would be a more honest place.
Anyway I love this picture of Trent, you can feel the intensity. I love artists that give that much of themselves. He's talked a lot about not having a balanced life, how can you when you give so much of yourself away to your fans.
The new CD Year Zero is fascinating. It's a "concept" album based on what the world will be like if we keep going in this direction. I don't think he's too far off.
Peace.
*And really...how many guys do you know that can pull off opera length rubber/vinyl gloves and fishnet stockings? Ok we all know a few but no one does/did it as well as Trent did.
No comments:
Post a Comment