Apparently blogger is having trouble with some compatibility issues between the site and safari. They are saying that it is fixed but I still can't upload any pictures. Let's see...nope just tried again and it's a no go. I'm tired and don't want to go through all of the steps of help so I'll do it another time or do it from work where we use firefox (on pc's which I HATE)
So tomorrow is the wake for my friends son who was killed last Sunday in Iraq. It's going to be heartbreaking. I've been thinking a lot about her and the rest of her family. I've especially been thinking about that feeling you have when you wake up after somthing like this has happened and you actually forget for a a few seconds...at the same time you know something is wrong. Then it all comes crashing back and you somehow feel worse than you did the day before. It's just such a painful cycle. The weather here in New England has been oddly appropriate. Overcast, cold and rainy. I'm sure this matched exactly how they feel. There have been some fabulous articles on this incident on www.wbur.org. Its a big deal because his father is a "vocal opponent" of the war. If you read about it you'll see.
As a friend of mine pointed out in her blog "Something Bleu" life does goes on. Its painful, messy, sad, hard and just downright confusing. One thing I know for sure, it will never be the same for my friend. As his father said in one of the articles I read, "We don't know that he was the best soldier ever, we just know he was our only son." Every time I read that or think about it I get teary. It still kills me to know that she got this information on Mother's Day.
There is more to say but it's late and I have to get up to take part in a graduation tomorrow. Good Night....
No comments:
Post a Comment