Saturday, January 19, 2008

Exciting news!!!

Hi Everyone - Sorry I've been off the grid lately but my show really knocked me down in terms of my energy level - add to that the major suckage that is my job and well it's just been a slow depressing week. BUT all that's going to change.

I was on the phone on Wednesday talking to my professor when she asked me the usual question of "how's work". I told her that I had already made up my mind that I was quitting on Monday regardless of whether or not I had a job. (This is not something I have ever done before nor would I do without a lot of thought) I'm not going to get into the reasons why because this is a HAPPY POST.

So my professor mentions a position that is a temporary position (perfect) working for her as a graduate student advisor. I emailed her my resume, she passed it on to the director and the next thing I know I have an interview the next day at 3:30. The interview went swimmingly, I had a phone interview with another person from 4:15-5pm on Friday and Friday at 5:40 I got a call OFFERING ME THE JOB!!!!

I am sooooo happy. I am giving two weeks notice on Monday which I don't think they are going to be happy about but honestly I've stayed places longer than that and it's never good.

So the position is this: basically Lesley University has two "adult" graduate programs one is an independent study model and one is a interdisciplinary model. My job is to recruit, follow up and guide students who are interested in these programs. In a friendly casual environment that doesn't have a CFO with his head up his ass.

The money is a little more and there are benefits even though the job is only temporary. Lisa the woman who has this job is taking a leave and since I'm going to graduate school in September I can't take on a regular job (I mean I could but it wouldn't be right).

Anyway guys I'm so happy right now I feel like a huge load has been taken off my shoulders. I do plan on posting art pictures I just haven't gotten back to the library yet.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Well, yay! : )

George said...

Whoo-Hoo ... that sounds great Jenn ... just what you have been looking for. Is 2008 going to be a great years or what?

Congratulations

Casdok said...

Yes congratulations!! Good for you!!

Jenn O'Neil said...

Victoria - yes yayyy it is!

George - I think 2008 is going to be fabulous for all of us.

Casdok - Thank you!