Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Art


I'm a painter. It still feels funny after all this time to say that. I paint mostly abstract although I have delved into a few realistic watercolors lately. I'm freaking my art teacher out by doing that and I mean that in a good way. I love doing abstract work. It's emotional-challenging and most of all (most of the time) fun. I get a lot of people who want to look at my work and try to make it into something. That's totally ok with me for some reason abstract makes them uncomfortable and they need to put a label on it. Thats their deal and there is nothing I can do about that.

I had a show last July. It was amazing. I hung about 40-50 pieces of work and sold almost half of them. The money financed my trip to California. I was shocked. Shocked at what sold and frankly shocked that any sold at all. I was soooo happy! I'm having another show in January of 08. Seems like a long way away right? Well it isn't. Before I know it it'll be December 30th or so and I'll be up all night painting edges and figuring out how to hang little watercolors like this one.

I love to paint and do it for me. It soothes my soul and sometimes we all need a little soothing.

1 comment:

Kim Morin Weineck said...

I have one of those paintings from that more than successful show! Whoohooo! Looking forward to January 2008!