So last night was my first night sleeping at "college". This is so hysterical - I can't believe I'm in a dorm room. Do you know what it's like to try to shove your 40 old year life into one room? Not easy I tell ya. The room is a decent size - if I was an undergrad there would be two of us in here (shudder). I desperately need my friend Kim to come and help me rearrange stuff. Until then here is what the room looks like semi-put together.
I've eaten in the dining hall twice - it's pretty decent food. Today is my first day of classes and of course with everything going on I haven't finished my reading (which is why I'm up and showered so damn early). Oh yeah, the showers. I just took my first of what will be hundreds of showers in a gym like stand up shower with that little space in before it to dress....now that's fun.
The people on my floor are nice I've met some other social work students so that's good. I've spoken to several second year students and then told me how much work the first year is.....yippeee!
The good news is car is sold - dropped it off yesterday
Condo is rented - signing lease on Saturday.
Now that I am here and moved in I should be able to update more frequently - kind of like I used to.
4 comments:
The iron on the desk shows great use of space....
:)
I do not not not understand how two people would even fit in there! Hoooooly! Very cool getting to see the video of it, neat idea!
Ahhh. So this is grad school dorm living.
Lordy, lordy! I don't think that is even enough room for my stuff let alone me and a bed.
I would have liked some talking in the video....you non talker you.
Boy, does that take me back... it looks good, though! Very cozy. On the positive side, not a lot of room for non-academic distractions...
Post a Comment